Policy on the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
August 8, 2012
To view the complete policies and restrictions in using Voice on the Go and its services/website, please refer to the End User License Agreement.
Objectives & Scope Of Policy
Voice on the Go® includes its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, its online website “voiceonthego.com”, other designated web sites or IP addresses and/or reseller websites individually and/or collectively referred to in this document as “VOTG”. VOTG is committed to protecting your privacy, in compliance with all Canadian laws, including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”). Individuals have the right to be informed about the information which is collected about them and its intended use, as well as the right to review information being retained, and be informed as to the means to update and correct it.
This document sets out VOTG practices and policies with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of confidential and personal information obtained from and about individuals who are customers or visitors to VOTG website. This policy does not govern personal information collected from and about employees, the protection of which is governed by other VOTG policies, nor does it cover aggregated data from which the identity of an individual cannot be determined. VOTG retains the right to use aggregated data in any way that it determines appropriate.
Information About Voice on the Go Website
Modern information and communication technologies play a fundamental role in the activities of an organization such as VOTG. We are based in Canada, and our principal activity is the development and commercial deployment of our technology platform known as “Voice on the Go”, which allows mobile (voice and data) access to emails and PIM (personal information management) services such as calendars, contacts, newsgroups, databases and other forms of content via a variety of wireless and wired communication devices.
In using the Voice on the Go Website
- You can access the Voice on the Go Website home page and browse the site without disclosing any personal information.
- The Voice on the Go Web site does not enable you to communicate with other visitors, but does allow you to post information to be accessed by staff of Voice on the Go.
- The VOTG website also includes links to our partner sites including but not limited to: Handango, Handmark, HP, Research In Motion, Nuance. Such third party Web service providers may collect personal information about our visitors, but VOTG is in no way involved in or responsible for any such collection or use of personal information by such third party providers.
- VOTG does not automatically log personal information nor does it link information automatically logged by other means with personal information about specific individuals.
The Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
When you pay by credit card, you enter your credit card information such as name, address, credit card number, expiration date and security code through a secure web connection that is verified by Internet Secure or other payment processors. This credit-card information is not retained by VOTG and is sent only to our payment processors who keep this information encrypted and secure on your behalf and only use the information for processing your credit-card payments.
- 1. Voice on the Go will provide Website visitors and customers with concise information about its policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data, through the Voice on the Go Website.
- Voice on the Go will limit the collection and use of Personal Information to that which is needed by it for valid business purposes to provide the services and comply with local law.
- Personal Information will only be obtained by lawful and fair means.
- Voice on the Go does not collect information about customers or other visitors to the Website from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations.
- Voice on the Go does not knowingly collect personal data from children or anyone under the age of 18, and does not use such information if Voice on the Go discovers that it has been provided by a minor.
- Except as part of the sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Voice on the Go, it will not sell, trade or rent your Personal Information to any third party unless:
- a. You request it;
- b. The Personal Information is provided to help complete a customer-initiated transaction;
- c. The disclosure is required by law, and you have been informed about the possibility of such disclosure and have agreed to it; or
Contact Voice on the Go
Email at info@Voiceonthego.com
Phone at (905) 205-0022